I am linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching with my Five for Friday.
1. Look at these fun nails! One of my friends at work started selling Jamberry Nails. I already had a set but was scared to put them on myself, so she showed me how. They are so simple and fun! Love them!! Now time for Ladies Night with some new friends from Sunday School!
2. I started working with my second graders this week on nonfiction text structures. We read this passage from edhelper.com about ice hockey and made this Bubble Map to describe it. Then the students read this passage about ski cross and made their own Bubble Maps. I was surprised to see my student who struggles the most with things actually "get it". She didn't copy the sentences but just wrote the main things down. Perfection!
3. I was lucky enough to get to go with the third graders to the children's museum Amazement Square in Lynchburg. They had fun learning about simple machines, putting on a puppet show for me, and exploring.
But I had the most fun on the zip line!
4. After the field trip, I worked with the kindergartener I tutored. He has started working with sight words, so we played Sight Word Slap with the words on his list. He loved it!
5. Finally, I wanted to fill you in on a secret! The TPT sale ends today, but several bloggers and I have opened up new stores at Buy Sell Teach. If you haven't heard of them, head on over and find out more. We are having a March Madness blog Hop to showcase a freebie and our stores. I will have an exclusive freebie available through the weekend for all who stop by! Come back tomorrow to find out more!
What have you been up to this week? Link up and let us all know!